Chunky Monkey

Chunky Monkey

Friday, October 15, 2010

October 15, 2010: Day 12

Two words to describe today: verbal diarrhea. I admit, there are elements of the ridiculous about me. One of them being that my mouth seems to run away with itself. And yes, I would love a nice big piece of chocolate cheesecake. I actually don't like cheese cake but something about today and the memory of the Golden Girls makes me think I should meet my besties in the kitchen at midnight and indulge in some cheesecake. Fortunately, not one of us is over the ripe old age of 60 yet but I think it is time for us to meet in the kitchen and hash through some things. (Not that kind of hash)

Ah yes the kitchen, a room that once represented the "role" of the woman is now the place that represents the "rolls" of the woman. We seem to seek comfort there. Let me rephrase that...the Chunky Monkey seeks comfort there. But no comfort can be found in grazing the pantry, scanning the refrigerator or staring...literally staring at the chocolate ice cream that will make all our problems go away. Let's not take it too far...it will make us feel better....ah but for a moment. And then when the brutal truth of the scale is revealed to us, the blinders fall from our eyes and we again are jerked back into reality. Reality. It can really hurt when we know the truth. The truth is a double edged sword...it does eventually frees us, but not until it has cut away every shadow that haunts us. My shadow seems to be a gigantic Timbit....creeping in the darkness.......calling my name........sometimes it calls to me in the midnight hour....

Why is it the gym never calls to me in the midnight hour? Why do we not fantasize over working out like we do about chocolate? And right at this moment, I am watching my husband consume pizza. The smell of it has caused a physiological reaction in my body. Salivating...I am. But I will not bow my knee to it..................I will not give in. Giving in to pizza now, would be like submitting to the "dark side of the force". What would Master Yoda say about that?! "There is much hunger in her. A glutton she is. To the refrigerator, send her".

To my fellow chunkies....may the force be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment