Chunky Monkey

Chunky Monkey

Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 15

Yesterday was rest day and rest is what I did....well...almost all day. With the Rider's losing their game yesterday, our house was filled with an exceedingly melodramatic sadness that lagged on into the wee hours of the night. So, I prepped meals, went to church and chatted with a friend. I think I almost missed the gym....like...I almost wanted to stop by just to say hi. Weird. It's almost habit forming...hmmm. Well, one thing is for sure, it is not like Cheers as nobody shouts my name when I walk in. At least not yet. Heck, I would be happy if they shouted Norm!

Yesterday, I mentioned to my trainer that I am not as "regular" as I once was. I typically visit the white throne once or twice a day. Since I have been eating so clean...well, let's just say that I haven't frequented the throne quite as often. My trainer explained it to me this way....and these are her words......

"Look at it this way - having a BM is getting rid of waste, there is not a lot of waste on this diet plan, and your body is using all of the nutrients to repair the damage you are doing in the gym. It's like if you feed a dog cheap/shit dog food - it will shit up a storm all day long. Feed it good quality dog food and he might shit once per day. Make sense? Sorry for the crude analogy."

After reading her words, I couldn't help but laugh. Oh yes, I actually LOL'd. And if I am really honest I could throw in a couple more consonants. Although a very accurate analogy, it was freaking hilarious to read such comments. Health care professionals are always so casual about discussing various functions of the body. Don't get me wrong...I respect them and a big high five to them for what they do. I am however, so very very thankful that my clients have their clothes on and I don't have to wipe their bum. To all the healthcare workers in the world...I bow to your superior strength of stomach.

On another note, I mentioned to my trainer that I am usually starving after I work out. She then explained to me that I could feel free to "cluster" feed around my gym times. *Cluster feed*...AHH!....the last time I thought about cluster feed was when I was nursing my youngest daughter. I never thought I would cluster feed as a 32 year old woman. There is just something wrong with that thought. What can I say...I'm visual and my vision is not a nice picture. Ya...I think I just threw up in my mouth.

With all that said and done....the most amazing thing that happened today is that my husband said, "your butt looks good". And after almost 12 years of marriage...that is music to my ears baby! That alone has made it all worth it. Not so eloquent but who cares...he said it. That's all that matters.

And so tomorrow...we live to play another day...... :) Happy chunky monkey slaying!!

No comments:

Post a Comment