Chunky Monkey

Chunky Monkey

Friday, October 8, 2010

Day 5: October 8, 2010

Day 5. Today started out great. Joanne and I got to the office, checked emails and since the weather was gorgeous, we walked to Tim's for my decaf and one sweetener. I don't drink coffee anymore as it seems to have a very negative effect on my mental state. You know the crazy squirrel in the movie "Over the Hedge"? Well, that is me when I drink coffee. It's not good. It's ugly. And sometimes people get hurt. So, at the request of my friends, I stick to the unleaded juice. Well......usually, I stick to the unleaded juice. And today just happens to be one of those days that I broke my rule. Now, when Joanne reads this, I will get an email from her in which she will chastise me for drinking leaded coffee. As she discovers that I have broken the unpardonable, it will however, explain my somewhat frazzled state after my meeting today. And since today's events clearly point out that I should never touch coffee again, I am going to share with you what I will do differently tomorrow. I hope that you can use this short list of do's and do not's to help you on your own journey.

3 things I will do differently tomorrow:

1. I will remember to bring my i-pod to the gym: Today I discovered that my music drowns out my incessant groans, moans and huffing. I didn't actually realize that I made any noise while lifting my weights. In fact, I usually roll my eyes at all the "fit" people who huff and puff and groan when they are working out. It is kind of like being in a music store and some kid is listening to some tunes through headphones. When hearing a song they like, they shout "GREAT SONG", not realizing they are in fact shouting. Everyone in the store hears them and well, they look dumb. And I usually laugh at the kid who is yelling. Today, I realized that all week, I have been just like the dumb kid in the music store. But instead of saying great song....I am snorting, snuffing and groaning LOUDLY. And since I in all my wisdom added coffee to the mix...I was not subtle in any way in regards to my breathing. If they hadn't seen me with their eyes, I am sure they would have wondered who let the horse into the gym. Somebody shoot me now!

2. I will wear my BEST underwear: Oddly enough, my underwear of choice today was a poor one. I did not think about them too much when I put them on. Since I have been so busy I am a little behind on laundry. We all have them...those last few pairs of underwear that we never wear unless there is nothing else. And since I forgot some of my underwear at my friends house in Toronto, my supply is low. (It is always so nice when your friend washes your underwear for you and mails them to your office. I should have them on Tuesday. I just have to get to the mail before Joanne. Talk about the all-humiliation hour). Anyways, I was in a hurry this morning and just grabbed them and got ready. Little did I know, I would be playing tug-a-war with them while trying to work my triceps. Every time I started the overhead tricep pull...they climbed....oh did they climb. And since I was at the gym a little later today, there were people around. And mirrors on all sides. There was no where to hide so that I could play this little game of tug-a-war. I thought that I could maybe *sneak* a pull when no one was looking. So I tried it. In fact, I tired five or six times. BECAUSE I JUST COULDN'T STAND IT ANYMORE!! AND THE COFFEE...IT MADE ME DO IT. I COULDN'T IGNORE THE BIT OF MATERIAL THAT WAS IN A PLACE IT SHOULD NOT BE. And I know the people there...SAW me do it. But I don't care. I am Andrea, aka Fat Monster Slayer, hear me roar! I will pull my wedgie if I want to and nobody is going to stop me. I felt like a real lady today. I am Brad's delicate little flower........................

3. I will not drink coffee: It may have been the fact that the lady working at the gym told me to calm down and breathe when I came flailing into the gym that made me realize the coffee had hit my system. Perhaps, it was my constant tugging at my rear and my inability to block it out. It could have even been my caffeinated snorting and huffing that took place. I do know one thing. Coffee makes me crazy and everybody else can see it but me. Now that it's out of my system, I will admit...I may be on edge a little bit when I drink coffee. But try to understand, it is like catnip to a cat for me. I love it. I want it. And when I get it. I go wild. It did help me to finish my workout in record time. Hmmm........

To wrap this up, tomorrow is my rest day. I eat clean. No workout. Avoid pumpkin pie and mom's homemade buns. Wear good underwear. Have fun. Oh and did I mention I have to weigh in tomorrow. OH GOD....HELP. But the most exciting part of tomorrow is that I am only 15 days away from getting my first cheat day. Oh what a glorious day it will be. My trainer says I may feel sick...I say...BRING IT ON BABY.

No comments:

Post a Comment