Chunky Monkey

Chunky Monkey

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 16

Only 5 more days and it's CHEAT day. Woooooooo!!! Spaghettie legs today....but I keep reminding myself that it is worth it. It's worth it...right?

I have completed my work out and I am now inhaling my cottage cheese, rice cakes and an orange. And oh...man...does it taste good. Since food no longer has a party in my mouth, my taste buds seem to have adjusted to my new way of eating. And since food no longer is there to comfort me, I have had to find non-traditional methods to comfort myself. Now, I retreat to the bathtub or to my "secret place" with a book and a blanket. Or I call a friend and talk to them. Wow...what is the world coming to? I am really liking the non-traditional aspects of comforting myself. And at this stage of the game, I thank God for my friends and my support group. I do however, miss seeking comfort in chocolate, french fries, ice cream and bread....oh bread...how I long for thee. Even though I miss my "comfort food", I do not miss how that kind of eating makes me feel. I am getting a little wiggy now because I miss chocolate and I am looking forward to some good old fashioned junk food. Be fore warned that there is going to be a big party in my mouth on cheat day. Look out intestinal tract, get ready, because you are going to have your work cut out for you!!

Lately, I have been tanning after my workouts. No...not to be all brown and beau-dacious. But because naturally, if I don't tan, I am often mistaken for a corpse. And since Halloween is just around the corner, I want to make it very obvious that I am not the living dead. I actually glow in the dark if I don't tan and have had numerous complaints about the blinding light that I reflect. And since my husband tells me he does not require a night light anymore nor does he "feel like a man" while wearing a lacy night blind, I figure I can do him a favor and tone down my natural glow. Remember 'Glow Worms'...you squeeze them and they light up...well...that's me without a tan. Besides, there are many benefits to tanning like vitamin D and relaxation. And no...I will not get cancer from it.

And so now, I am going to get ready for a luncheon (that I cannot eat at) and then get groceries and then I am going to come to my "secret place" and write. Oh yes, and I mustn't forget to drink my water. I have only had 1 Litre of water today and I need to drink 3 more. I am already behind....ah!

To my fellow Chunkies....be strong and courageous today...find comfort in your friends and in rest today!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment