Chunky Monkey

Chunky Monkey

Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 22

Day 22 -

In Bodyfit the treadmills go.
An unending stream of sweat does flow.
It marks the place that fat must die.
And sweets and junk, we must deny.

We are the chunky, the chubbies, the plump
We cry and fret at the size of our rump.
But we won't lose faith, we'll maintain our courage
Each morning we rise and embrace our weight-control porridge.

In pride, in sweat, in tears and shame
the fat monster we will most certainly tame
And our days of chubby will come to an end
and sleek, slender and hot will be our new friend.

Selah.


The gym was grrrreat today! My stomach feels like it's going to cave in and the jiggle from my thighs fell away somewhere between here and Central street. And, someone there told me that I looked grrrrreat. And well, that just made my whole day.

I also lost track of how much water I drank today. So, to be sure I have consumed enough, I have chugged a few extra Litres. At some point in my day I sneezed and a little tiny bit of pee came out. I don't actually think my bladder could be any fuller. But I was thankful for that extra pair of undies stashed in my bag. So, after changing, I chugged a diet pepsi. Gotta get the ‘ol bladder ready for more!! And I am really really happy because my man servant...Bradford has gone to fetch me more water. I think I will invest in a little bell so that I can ring for him when I need him. All I need is a quellazaire, some white gloves, some hawt red lipstick, a martini and a little dog named Fufu. And I am all set. "Brrrradforrrrd, (rolling r's), go fetch me my water".

It amazes me that women everywhere seem to have similar struggles. Almost every time I bump into someone and they ask me why I am eating from a baggie, they seem to really relate to my struggle. North American living is not supportive of a slender physique anymore. And since a major turning point in our society, (the takeover of the automatic washing machine)...we no longer are burning calories with wash boards and thus have lost our "washboard abs". Instead, we sit staring aimlessly past the reflection of our 24", lcd computer monitors with our budda bellies. All the while, sipping our double double's and munching on a cookie. Packing on the poundage is something we do without even trying. And it is definitely an epidemic. If I even look at a brownie (did I mention I LOVE brownies..oh god...do I love brownies), my butt seems to jiggle for a week. And I know I am not alone.

Food can be an addiction just like anything else. It is an obvious reality....our society is addicted to the "white stuff". No...not that white stuff...but the "white stuff" that has infiltrated our schools, pantries, grocery stores and the tight little fists of children. Refined sugar. It is a curse word in our house as one of us is diabetic and the other one of us is "fighting the fat monster". It has been proven that 100 years after white sugar has been introduced to a society, diabetes shows it's ugly head. Coincidence...I think not.

And so it is with great pride and confidence that I defy the "white stuff". I DEFY you sugar!! Taunt me no more, you foul creature. Return to the Abyss from whence you came!!

And in the words of DoDo....Yeah ba-bay!! Night Night.

2 comments:

  1. GO Andrea! Those great days will just keep coming! One of my best days on the program was a day that I was running on the treadmill and my shirt was hanging straight down and moving back and forth with my movement. No belly bulge holding it in place. Those moments are awesome!

    ReplyDelete