Chunky Monkey

Chunky Monkey

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 17

Okay....are you ready for it....here it comes...I am down to 162 lbs! Wooooo!!

Today is cardio day. I ran and walked for 30 minutes and did the ever so uncomfortable core exercises that caused the muscles in my stomach to cry out for relief. I told them to be quiet and to get the job done. They protested more...but I showed them who was boss!!

I have been trying to get to the gym in the mornings as it seems a little easier in the morning. I'm not sure why that is but so far it is working well. The only draw back is that the gym is really busy in the morning and I seem to sweat incessantly. I am not exaggerating...is this excessive sweating a good sign? If you come to the gym, you will know which one I am...I am the one that has the pool of water at her feet! Ewwwww!

Something that I realized today is that working out seems to have given me an incredible resilience to stress. It is really hard to describe, but things that would normally have me in the "cuckoo house" are not affecting me at that level any more. I am confident that it is a result of buffeting my body day in and day out at the gym. It is worth it and even though I have only lost 3 lbs, my trainer tells me I am right on track and doing well. This is a lifestyle change...not a "quick fix". I want long lasting results and I want my body to be healthy. A healthy body, a healthy mind and healthy relationships. It's taking a lot of commitment and even though it feels like everything is "shaking", I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am winning this fight.

Do you smell that? That is the smell of metamorphosis.....and of course a little bit of sweat and the ever so responsive Degree deodorant! (I actually don't use that kind of deodorant as it sort of announces to the world that I am sweating). But if you want people to know you are sweating....I highly recommend it.

My body hurts but my heart feels good!!! AND I AM SO LOOKING FORWARD TO CHEAT DAY!!!

On a side note, today I am meditating on love - unconditional love vs. conditional love. It's heavy stuff...but it is so goooood!

Cheers!
Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment