Chunky Monkey

Chunky Monkey

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day 8 & 9: Ocotbor 12, 2010

The great turkey sacrifice is over. And I am relieved. Thanksgiving is a time of year when it is so easy to pack on those few extra pounds. And those few extra pounds seem to stick....for the rest of our lives. This year was different. I overcame and conquered the fat monster.....I opted out of the over indulgence of the great turkey feast, stayed away from the pie and avoided the dressing...and I feel great!

Right now, I am in Edmonton on business. No, it's not Business Time - Flight of the Concord's style. It's regular business. No, not the kind you do in the bathroom. You know, the income producing kind of business. Get your minds out of the gutter!!! I think I need to get out more!!

Anyways, yesterday morning in the Regina Airport, I went to use the washroom before I got on the plane. I have a huge issue with airplane bathrooms because they are small and dirty. I always seem to watch a heavier person, squish themselves into the bathroom. Knowing that those bathrooms are so small, I also realize that every part of their body has brushed against every part of the the bathroom. And since I am a passionate germaphobe, I can't even imagine myself using the dirty, little bathroom. Honestly, why do the engineers make those bathrooms so small. And what the heck is the point of hand sanitizer when there are germs crawling everywhere. But that is all beside the point. At the Regina airport, in the women's bathroom, an older lady stood outside of a stall. She just stood there, staring in. When she saw me, she started to tell me how disgusting people are. I, of course, agreed. I didn't look in the stall that she was looking in but I could sure smell the sour remnants of vomit. As I hovered over the toilet to pee, she continued to talk to me. Isn't there an unwritten rule about not talking to people while they are doing there business. It was awkward. And uncomfortable. The woman began to describe how the vomit was all over the walls and no where near the toilet. She then proceeded to tell me everyone of her horror stories from all her years of experience cleaning bathrooms. This is not something I want to hear at 7:30 a.m. And here is where it get's interesting...for me anyways. Because I am consuming so much water every single day...I had to pee three times before I got on my plane. And every single time I went into the bathroom....that's right....the cleaning lady was there to share her stories with me. She told me things that I cannot even repeat as I was horrified at what I heard. Why me? Why now? Why do all the crazies run to me with their crazy stories and odd social behavior. I am starting wonder if I am a crazy magnet.

Nonetheless, I arrived safely at my hotel. A friend of mine picked me up at the airport. I almost missed her as my plane was early and that's right....I had to pee! The fitness centre here at the Radisson is great and I am loving every minute of it. Yesterday, was a cardio day. Today, legs and shoulders. My routine was so much easier this time. Now with that said, my trainer will read this and increase the weight for next week. AHH! Spaghetti legs...here we come.

In all honesty, I feel amazing. So good!! And I am happy I made this choice to change my life and I am happy that my body is starting to feel normal again....that is if I can define what normal is. The only problem is that my core exercises have made my stomach very sorry....just sitting up in bed is work. Why am I doing this again????

AS :)

No comments:

Post a Comment