Chunky Monkey

Chunky Monkey

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day 24

It's always an adventure. I don't even know where to begin. Right from the moment I opened my eyes today, the events in my day have made me spin with excitement. (I am picturing what that would look like...me spinning...so far all I see is a big, round top). Since we we’re "stuck" in Regina after the most amazing GREAT BIG SEA concert, we had some fun times in the Queen city today. I will honestly say, that my heart was elated today...almost as much as if I were trekking through jungles in Bali. That would be so amazing. I love to hike...but to hike in a jungle...in a nation like Bali...mmmhmmm....good times my friends. But the reality is that I am in Regina...not Bali...and instead of rice filled fields...the fields are white with.....snow.

Because I have committed to losing weight, getting fit and being healthy, I think Mother nature has had her nose out of joint. The reason I say this is because last night and today (to date) have been my most challenging days to stay committed because of the storm that struck. After the concert last night, we went to Walmart hoping to pick up a few essentials. We literally had just the clothes on our backs and even though I don't claim to be a princess...well...there may be a few "princess" qualities in me that I am not so willing to admit. Unfortunately, Walmart closes at 11pm and we walked in at 11:03pm. I begged and pleaded with the door greetor to have mercy on us. He did...but he needed to get approval. So he walked over to his little black tele and called his manager. In a frantic and desperate attempt to get my attention, the cute, little elderly door greeter waived me over. The manager wanted to speak with me on the phone. By this time, it was 11:08 pm and I still had no assurance that I would be able to brush my teeth in the morning. After another brief but desperate conversation with the manager, we were granted permission to grab our essentials, pay for the merchandise and scram. Now, because I am eating tuna and rice crackers day in and day out...that is of course part of the things I purchased. Of course, at the till, the cashier inquired as to why I would need 6 cans of flavored tuna and rice crackers. And so, to make a long story longer...I had to explain to the cashier that I am training and the tuna was not to survive in our car all night...but it was to slay the fat monster that has harbored itself inside my thighs.

If you can believe it, my supper tonight cost me $16 at Edo Japan...for some raw fish and some grilled veggies. And you would not believe what I went through to uphold the ever so important diet. I have had more salmon today then I am even willing to admit. I have had it grilled, smoked and even raw!! All for the sake of slaying the fat monster. AND....It is not cheap to eat healthy and clean. It’s actually much more affordable to eat dirty. Sometimes I think I miss eating dirty. I wanna eat real dirty! Saturday....that is the day to get down and eat dirty! Are you ready for some dirty eating??

My dear husband purchased some GREAT new work out gear for me so that I could get my work out in today. (He totally filled my “love-tank). Unfortunately, I am STILL wearing the same underwear I was wearing yesterday and that is really all I can think about. It is driving me crazy. And it is so so so very wrong. I have showered twice and I am still wearing the same underwear. I have purchased work out gear...and I AM STILL IN THE SAME UNDERWEAR. Why the heck didn’t I PURCHASE UNDERWEAR??? Somebody kill me please...put a bullet in my head...I want to dieeeee!! Okay, not really. I actually would just like some clean underwear!

In all the time I had today to think and reflect (about 3 minutes)....I have decided that I like training. And I may want to do it more than my first commitment of three months. However, it is important to me that my dear husband is on board and in full support of it. So, I asked him...”Honey, how would you feel about me training a little more hard core?”. And he simply replied, “Well, as long as you keep boobs, I am ok with it”. I actually can’t believe he said it. Actually....I can. (rolling eyes).

So, we are at my aunt's house tonight and I am having trouble blogging (hard to believe...I know!).  I am totally distracted by my day old clothing...more specifically my underwear. But a dear friend of mine emailed me and asked if the Mr. was with me...and upon finding out that he is....she suggested that I do something else...you know...with him.... and I should use my “imagination”. That can only mean one thing......And since our bedroom door does not close all the way, we are at my Aunt’s house (right across the hall from her and my uncle) and the fact that I didn't pack anything including the "pill".....well....as much as Brad would love for some action.....it ain't gonna happen tonight!  lol

And overnight dry cleaning actually may solve the clothing crisis but that means I would have to wait naked.  And that would make the "little bit of action" part a lot more challenging for me and a lot less challenging for Brad. So, it’s day old underwear for me and a quiet night for Brad!

And here I am making a long story longer...again....here it goes...you’ve heard the all too familiar expression, “it’s not over until the fat lady sings”. Well, I am going to sing now. Off to Superstore for some panties and tuna. Good Lord...Over and out! And in the words of Truman, in case I don’t see ya...good afternoon, good evening and goodnight!

Andy :)

1 comment:

  1. Haha awesome post!!! :)
    I just stumbled upon your blog and skimmed through some! You blog sounds like a fun read! I'm going to keep checking for up dates! Hehe :)

    ReplyDelete