Chunky Monkey

Chunky Monkey

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 45

It is only now that I have had time to sit down. (Insert groan). The day was long but good. Parent teacher interviews went very well. Swimming lessons were excellent. And dinner...well, my dear husband felt it would be a good idea to pick up french fries for the girls so dinner was just okay as I sat and watched them indulge.

As I ate my brussel sprouts, roast beef and whole grain pasta...one little fry caught my eye. It looked wonderful. The grease glistened in the light and I could hear it calling to me softly. It's aroma began to captivate me and I found myself starring at it. It had a hold on me much like the hold the ring of power had on Bilbo Baggins. Longing for it. I thought to myself...one french fry won't hurt...what can one little deep fried fry do? Maybe it was my quiet mutters..."my precious" or perhaps that my eyes reflected that of Smegol's that caught Brad's attention. Brad promptly spoke up as he saw the fry had taken it's hold on me. "Honey, I think you will sabotage yourself if you do it. Not your body...but your mind.

Glaring across the plate of fries that he was so quickly devouring, I asked him what he meant by his last comment. I may have been a wee bit defensive as me and french fries are one....and the fry had taken hold of me.

I didn't know what he was trying to say. He explained that he knows me very well, perhaps better than I know myself. I am so preoccupied in achieving a "perfect record" that one little fry...the tiniest of cheats....would be more damaging to my psyche in regards to my whole "new" lifestyle. I would eat the fry, then beat myself up for eating it, then I would realize that my clean eating record had been destroyed and I would quit the whole program. He knew that the fry would betray me......... Thinking about what he said, I realized he was right. One little fry had the potential to derail the whole freight train....wow...Brad was totally right. That is exactly what would happen. It is staggering to me when I realize the untamed power of the french fry....the french fry that would taste so good would eventually betray me. It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over such a small thing. It should have ended here but evil was allowed to endure and the left over fries remain in the refrigerator. Ahhh...the time will come when fat slayers will shape the fortunes of us all.

It began with the frying of amazing french fries. Some were given to the Elves; immortal, wisest and fairest of all beings. Some, to the Dwarf Lords, great miners and craftsmen of the mountain halls. And some were gifted to the race of Men, who above all else desire chocolate, wine and french fries. For within these indulgences was the power to make the one who eats of it...fat. Believing they would not get fat, they were all of them deceived. The Dark Lord Fat Monster fried in secret, a master french fry, to control all others. And into this french fry he poured all his cruelty, his malice and his will to dominate to make all of us fat. One fry to rule them all. One by one, the free peoples of Middle Earth fell to the power of the Fat Monster. But there were some who resisted. A last alliance of women, men, children and fat slayers marched against the armies of the Fat Monster, and in the very aisles of the grocery store, they fight for the freedom of all chunkies....everywhere. So join me in my fight and we shall slay the fat monster together.

So...with that said, it is weigh day today...and yes...I am right on track. Wooooo!! Cheat day...here I come.

Night Night Bloggosphere!

No comments:

Post a Comment