Chunky Monkey

Chunky Monkey

Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 36.5

My tribe can no longer consist of the delecacies of the great tribal feast. I must be knighted as warrior and slayer of the fat monster. I will travel the most obscure paths and the untamed wildnerness of the bakery department at Safeway. I will not yield to the aromas of the specialty chocolate shops. My soul will not be satisified until I have placed the head of my fat monster as a trophy on my mantle. (I don't think I have a mantle). I desperately yearn for chocolate and I am right at home with buffet tables, decadent desserts and creative culinary experiences. But I will overcome! Right now, I sit the lobby of my hotel...Alas I have entered my own personal nightmare. One by one, the hotel guests eliminate the squares on the dessert tray. Big ones, little ones, fat ones, skinny ones..."they come, they eat, they leave". It is like watching vultures swoop down and pick at the lifeless carcus of heavenly bliss - aka-cream puffs.

As I sit here, I am haunted by visions of french fries, peanut butter and sugar plums (and yes visions of them dance in my head). I realize that these delacacies from which I have sought comfort are no delacacies at all. For they are the very demons that have carefully created the fat monster. It's alive.....ALIVE!!

But soon, with its head mounted on my spear, I will announce my victory and it's humiliating defeat. I will not drown in the deep dark abyss of temptation...well...at least not today. (I need to run...but the gym here is ummm.....how do I say it......yucky).

What's for dinner??

No comments:

Post a Comment