Chunky Monkey

Chunky Monkey

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Day 41

There was a real show stopper at Bodyfit yesterday. And of course, the star of our show....unfortunately and yet not surprising...it was me. After running and then working my back and triceps....I did my core exercises. After that I thought I would check out the electric beach and pump up my vitamin D. And here is where the show began. Exhausted from all the exertion and in desperate need of water, I undressed, lotioned up and stood in the tanning booth for 10 minutes. The 10 minutes was no more exciting than usual but the action began the moment the lights turned out. Wearing my dark glasses and weakened from the heat, I pushed on the door to get out. Only this time, the door was stuck. I mean it was really stuck. Feeling a lump in my throat, I placed my hands against the protective cage over the lights and pushed again. Not even a budge. Feeling claustrophobia set in....I started to panic. Vigorously, I shook the cage hoping to shake the door loose and get out. My God...I can't get out.....and I can now feel myself getting out of breath. Forcefully, I pushed again and again. Moments passed, sweat formed on my brow and I could feel tears welling up in my eyes....as I started to call out for help....standing there completely naked........I realized..........I was pushing on the wall and not the door! I slid my hands over and the door popped open!! Tears running down my cheeks and feeling embarassed...I don't know why as I was the only one watching...or there in the room! Can you imagine if I would have called for help?! They would have rushed in to the room, opened the booth door and I would be standing there in the neud with my dark glasses on clawing at the wall. It was then that I decided that I would no longer do double duty at the gym if I didn't have to! Alternating days for cardio and weights is way better for me. And I will look for the big red handle to get out next time!! How pathetic!

After the gym, I put on my bathing suit and hit the pool with my kids. It was great fun and even though the temperature of the pool was much lower than usual...Eden said she had a great time. She told me that I was cool...not all the time...you know...I'm not like...yo yo yo...but pretty cool some of the time. I guess that's better than being called Miss Hanegan or Cinderella's Step Mother....both of which she has called me in the past. So, flaunting my baby belling and full figured thighs....I had fun with my kids. It's all about making memories right. Don't ask me about trying to climb the rock wall. I guess I am not as agile as I once was...and since my bust is significantly smaller....things don't stay on as well as they once did.

A little while later, my ferocious appetite crept up and surprised me. It is so sneaky now...and it comes with a vengeance. I told the girls that I wanted to leave the pool and eat some supper. Actually, my exact words were, "I am so hungry I could gnaw my arm off". Eden looked at me in horror....as she took what I said literally. LOL! But they are used to how quickly we need to move when it's time for me to eat. So, off to get some din din. After that we watched Toy Story 3, and I cried at the end. What the heck is the matter with me??!!! I think the whole getting trapped in the tanning booth, facing my fears and wearing a bathing suit, double duty at the gym, a freezing swimming pool and extreme hunger just pushed me over the top. Maybe shedding a tear at a cheezy kids movie was a good thing.........

Today, I am down to 160 lbs!! Wooooo!!! I have almost broken through the barrier! Soon I will be in the next level of fatness. And what a grand day it will be. Did I mention today is cheat day?? Well, time to indulge in my chocolate bar.,,,yum!!! Good night bloggosphere! See you on the other side........!

No comments:

Post a Comment