Chunky Monkey

Chunky Monkey

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

PS- Room To Read

I have decided that in a complete rebellion against the sales lady who sold me my sneakers who said I can't wear sneakers to work, I am going to do something crazy (are you really surprised?). I am not only going to get a pair of sneakers for everyday of the week....but it is my goal to get a pair from every province.

For every pair of sneakers that I receive before January 31, 2011, I will donate $100 (I'm not loaded so I have to cap it at $5000) to Room to Read and wear sneakers for the entire month of January...that's right...every single day....Room to Read seeks to transform the lives of millions of children in developing countries by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education. Working in collaboration with local communities, partner organizations and governments, we develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children, and support girls to complete secondary school with the relevant life skills to succeed in school and beyond. For more information on this GREAT organization...please click here.....http://www.roomtoread.org.

Why sneakers? a. because I like them. b. it takes one step at a time to change the world.

If you would like to help me make a difference this Christmas, please send me a pair of sneakers from your home province or state. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at andrea@widemouthmedia.com.

Shoe size: 8

Mailing Address:
Andrea Stevenson
Wide Mouth Media
145 1st Ave NE
Swift Current, SK S9H 2B1
Canada
306-778-2699

2 comments: