Chunky Monkey

Chunky Monkey

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day 66

66 days and counting!! First of all, I need to put you all at ease. Everything in regards to my business and career are stable so stop worrying. Secondly, I am only in the valley of decision as opportunities knock...and they always do. The question is...which ones do we take and which ones do we leave alone.

Right now I am listening to the constant drone of the dot matrix printers that are on over drive. AHHH! And of course, the physiotherapy student sitting next to me is telling me all about her bad knee, her surgery and well....I don't actually know as I am trying to blog and I am nodding and smiling and pretending to listen. I hope she isn't saying anything serious. Maybe when she realizes that I am not listening to her at all and that I am completely detached from the conversation and she will stop talking. And NO, I don't really care that your thigh is concave from some kind of surgery you had in Alberta because you are so athletic. And honestly, do you think I care so much that in the midst of all the busyness I want to hear more chatter. I can't even pretend to be interested anymore. Why are you talking to me?! Is there some sort of magnetic field that is drawing you to me? You tell me...what the heck is the deal?? And honestly, the announcer that sounds like a fairy princess from Disney World is getting on my nerves. Like seriously...did you take caffeine pills....and suck helium? Your voice is seriously annoying.

What is it about today? Do I have a "crazy" magnet in me? Everywhere Jo and I have been....all the crazies are talking to us and telling us their life stories. The waiter, the crazy Starbucks chick and the studious student in the green arm chair a stone's throw away from me. I am just not going to look anybody in the eye. I had to look away from the waiter...he wouldn't stop talking. And then he offered to lick up the beverage he dripped on the table...followed by an offer to give us a hug because he forgot to bring the beverage. Like...are you for real, buddy?

And now Jo is commentating her every move. And I am sitting here laughing ridiculously because Jo always makes fun of me for commentating and talking to myself while I work. And YES...we are working right now. Well, that's all you can do when you are waiting for transportation. Okay...I am blogging...and Jo is working.

Joanne has called me Scrooge as every announcement, ringing bell and rattling noise is making me very grumpy. I simply asked her where the frigging jingle bells noise was coming from. Turns out it's just some rattling decorative planes that are spinning round and round. I can't concentrate with all the racket. Can everybody just SHUT UP! Okay fine...I have griped and complained about every noise, announcement, bubbly worker that has passed by me. But it's past my bedtime and sometimes I just don't like people or being around them.

Anyways, on our way here...I read to Joanne. A friend of mine sent me a book that she wrote and well, being the nerd that I am, I had to read it. Joanne wanted me to read it to her (because she was driving)...so I did. It is a great book. All about the ups and downs of finding Mr. Right. It's a compilation of stories from women all over the country...the good, the bad and the ugly of dating. After reading some of the most hilarious experiences of women and men...we read some "sappy, mushy, over the top make me throw up in my mouth" stories. Some women are so stupid. They have this fairy tale idea of what marriage and love is. And I sure as heck am not going to listen to a 23 year old child tell me about true love. And yes, Joanne had to pull over so that I could throw up. The sappy mush was so thick that my stomach erupted. There is no such thing as Prince Charming!! I think Jo and I are going to write a book called, "Women Are So Stupid". And in it will be all the stories of stupid things women do all for the sake of a guy. Come on people!! We are not desperate here!!

I did not go to the gym today. My knee is not good and I have been ordered to keep weight off of it. No kneeling, no running, no nothing. How the heck am I going to shop and keep weight off of it. Ah!! And it's back to the physiotherapist on Monday. I did however eat according to my plan as I will not let a bad knee stop me from slaying the fat monster. It's so typical, just when I am doing great....boom....knee injury. But my PT assures me that if I listen to him that it will get better and I will be on my way again. And if I don't listen to him...I am basically screwed. Ahhh!

I think I am grumpy. I want a cookie.


No comments:

Post a Comment