Chunky Monkey

Chunky Monkey

Monday, December 6, 2010

Day 63:

My three month comittment is coming to an end. Three weeks away to the end of my first quarter. And with my trainer, I have now set my second goal. I am happily terrified about it and yet I am afraid to tell you (because that means I will have to do it). Okay...here it is....I will be training for a marathon in June. YIKES!! A chunky monkey cannot run a marathon. How the heck is that going to work? My trainer also told me I would have to be really really committed to eating clean. I didn't think it got much worse than this!! How do I eat more clean than I already am?? If I ever see another an of flavored tuna...IT WILL BE TOO SOON.

And to make matters worse...today I'm sporting a knee injury. Last Wednesday, I turned a little while doing squats and strained it. I treated it kindly on the weekend and the inflammation and swelling was completely gone by Sunday. So, it was just a tiny bit sore...so I figured it was safe and I ran on it. Apparently, that was a bad idea as today I am off to see the physiotherapist and it is really sore again. Live and learn I guess.

So, I have not gone to the gym today as of yet. I want to hear what the PT has to say. He already chastised me for running on my injured knee before he could assess it. Gosh....I am sure it is not very serious as I walk on it just fine. Perhaps, it is just a sign of age. Gawd! Did I say that out loud?? He also told me hat I should elevate it, wrap it and ice it on the weekend. I am ashamed to admit...I didn't do any of that. I just didn't run on it. I can't be at the Canada Cup and hobble around with a tensor bandage and a bag of ice. No fun!! Besides, it would be much easier to do that if I actually looked like an athlete. Until I achieve athlete status...there will be no "nursing wounds".

Anyways, I am off to see the PT. Gosh...I hope this is not one more hurdle for the chunky monkey to leap over....my legs are getting tired. And yes, I know walls are there to be climbed...but I am tired of climbing walls. I want to live on "easy street" for a while.

And besides, I have questioned my entire career today. I see big changes in my future. Stay tuned.

Sincerely,
Chunky Monkey

No comments:

Post a Comment