Chunky Monkey

Chunky Monkey

Monday, February 7, 2011

Fat Monkey Vs. Skinny Monkey

Today I did a little bit of shopping. My trainer told me to reward myself for my achievements and I can think of no better way to reward myself then shopping. I found some awesome sneakers but decided to hold back. I love sneakers. They were Etnies (nothing is better) and they were very awesome. Of course, I tease Jo about how many different shoes she has and she teases me about buying the same style of sneakers over and over and over again. She also told me that I wasted my money on the UFC fight the other night. (Yes, I LOVE UFC. I want to go see one live). I of course said...the girl who spends $60 on skin products is pointing her finger at me for spending money on a UFC fight? She then pointed out that I spend money on purses and put gold on my face. So, at that point we decided that we both waste money on things that are frivolous and cannot point a finger. It's the pot calling the kettle black. I'm the pot. Just thought I should clarify that.

The UFC fight was awesome and I was so pumped after that I couldn't sleep. Maybe not the best thing for me to watch right before bed...but OMG...I loved it. What a great fight! And those guys have no chunky monkey in them. They are toned, ripped, cut and totally on top of their fitness. Sigh....maybe someday I will be on top of it.

Jo took me to Regina for my birthday. It's weird, but I didn't want to come. Now that I am here, I am SO glad I came. I am having so much fun. I also realize how well she knows me and appreciate so much that she would do this for me. What are friends for, eh??

I know she is a great friend as she is the type of friend that allows me to experiment on her. Because she is petite and I have sensory issues...well...she is often my guinea pig. Tonight, I practiced the fireman carry on her. I have carried her all over the hotel room trying to get the technique down just right. She doesn't think I will ever need to know how to do it...but I grew up believing...."it's better to have a shovel and not need it, then need a shovel and not have it"....if you catch my drift. If you don't get it...the meaning can be found in the movie Hoodwinked. The goat sings the "be prepared" song....I love this song. Actually, it is one of my favorite movies....more specifically...my favorite song. I would You Tube it if I were you.

You are probably thinking that a fun trip means fun eating. You are wrong. There is no fun eating. I ate clean and I worked out hard tonght. I did have a bit of a fight with myself yesterday though. While running my 10km...the litte fat monkey on my shoulder was fighting with the skinny monkey on my other shoulder. I don't know if my internal conflict was evident to others but there was a huge battle inside. On one shoulder the fat monkey is crying and carrying on...."I can't do it! It's too hard! Just quit!! You're too fat to run. Fat monkies don't run. Waaaaa!". Then the skinny monkey pipes up, "Stop crying! You're sabotaging us. We can do it. Keep running. Shut your mouth you fat little monkey.". And so the battle continued. I must say...the skinny monkey won...but the fat monkey came in a close second.

On the way into the hotel tonight, I saw him! Yes...the man. The man in the red suit. The man who loves milk and cookies. The guy that lives at the North pole, has eight tiny reindeer and has a belly like a bowl full of jelly. AND HE WORKS AT OUR HOTEL. I wanted to go jump on his knee and ask him for a new Burton hoodie, Etnie sneakers, six pack abs and tickets to the next UFC live in VEGAS! Of course, Joanne yanked me in to the elevator before I could leap onto his lap and give him my grown up Christmas list. She didn't think it was a good idea. I just told Jo that she had to believe. She will probably get a lump of coal in her stocking this year.

None the less...I can do the fireman's hold, I'm reading a GREAT book, had dinner with some great friends...and well...I just had an all around great day. It's too depressing to be depressed. So tomorrow, we will kick the chunky monkey in the ass and get just a little more fit!!

Night bloggosphere!!

Andy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment