Chunky Monkey

Chunky Monkey

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Birthday BS

What am I supposed to say about birthdays?? I want to be all optimistic about it...but here I sit...literally (ask Joanne)... groaning and freaking because I don't know what to say. On one hand, I would like to skip blogging all together today because it is the day of my birth and I am not thrilled about it and on the other hand I need to blog...cause it is a way for me to get all the "crazy" out of my head. So, you will just have to take what you get today. Beware!!!

Birthday's often feel empty to me. What are we celebrating....really? I am a year older. There is nothing to celebrate about that. Things sag more, there are more lines in my face, the twinkle in my eye is not so...shimmery....SIGH. And I would love to indulge in all the "fun" things a girl can do on her birthday. Unfortunately, in my experience that involves food and beverage....and I cannot indulge as I have a race to run. Maybe I will shop!!! :D

My friend threw my a really nice shin dig on the weekend which resulted in a multitude of great gifts. Jo and I are going for lunch in five minutes. My brother sent me flowers. My mom dropped off a present. Jo brought me an amazing candle. The phone has rang and my crazy friend sang happy birthday to me as well as emails and fb notes...so I guess it is a pretty good day! Brad is making dinner for me tonight...so nice!! And my girls have something planned for me after school today. As long as it doesn't involve corn flakes with chocolate chips in it...I will be happy. That was what they did for me Saturday morning! BLEH! So, I guess today is pretty good, considering.

Did I mention that I am now registered for my first marathon? Ugggh!! Dropping the registration form on the office assistant's desk made me feel so much more.....committed. Gawd...I have HUGE commitment issues as it is. I hate committing to anything and anyone. And now, I have committed in ink to run in a race. Can the Chunky Monkey do it?? As Bob the Builder says, "Can she do it"......fat shoulder monkey says, "NO, we can't". Shut up you monkey glutton!! I can do it! (oh gawd...I hope I can do it).

(Don't ever call me your bff...that makes me throw up in my mouth...and run away...FAST. I can be your bff...just don't use that term. SEE...commitment issues. Whenever someone has said that in the past, I sabotaged the relationship faster than you can say....bff.)

Did I mention that the fat little monkey on my shoulder told me that I should have a piece of chocolate cake today? And if that is too much then a chocolate chip cookie would be fine. AHHH! No fat little monkey! You shut up!! No cookies, no wine....NO cake!!!

I hit the gym yesterday and hard. I did my ball exchanges as fast as I could again. I also did supersets for chest and biceps and honestly, I thought I was going to die. All for the sake of slaying the fat monster right. Ugggh. My body hurts today. My triceps are still sore from Saturday...can you believe that?! Just letting my arms hang down hurts!!

Anyways, I am not falling off the wagon today. Back to the gym!!! No more of this birthday bs. Going to eat clean and then run my chunky a$$ off!!

Andy

2 comments:

  1. So I no longer consider you my "bff". You r just some chick who crashed at my place...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! You will always be my bff!! I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about...."the crazies"! LOL!

    ReplyDelete