Chunky Monkey

Chunky Monkey

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day 93: Half Empty

I finally caught the culprit who insists on occupying locker 81 and boy did I let her have it tonight. Brawl in the locker room!!! Of course, she left laughing...but I know she will never do that again. Well, she probably will but she agreed to text me and let me know ahead of time so that I can mentally prepare to use locker 79 as an alternative. She also said she would hold 79 for me so nothing wierd happens.

Ever wonder what other people think of you? I do. Like..what do all those women in the locker room think of me when I point and drone on and on about how much I need locker 81. I hope they don't think I'm wierd.

I swear it's a curse if locker 81 is taken. It's almost as bad as when Aunt Flo comes to visit. That's a curse if I've evere seen one. She is scheduled for a visit very soon which could account for my snarly, I feel fat, get the hell out of my way attitude. I don't know why she has to come. She is so not welcome at my house. She costs me money, she inconveniences me, she causes marital discord and she makes me feel fat. What use is she??? My doctor suggested to me to have an IUD inserted. I asked her if I could insert it or if she would have to. She smiled and said she would have to. Dear God...is it bad if your doctor smiles when talking about invading my body?? And the fact that she is my friend...ya that's right...I go for coffee with her....is this going to be wierd? Like...will there be wierdness after?? At coffee...will we talk about the weather.....and my IUD.....and will I come in to the coffee shop with a bag over my head because she has seen parts of me that I have never even seen??

At the gym tonight, I had to wait for a treadmill. I started on the recumbant bike, moved to an elyptical trainer and then on to the first available treadmill. It was not a good work out. I don't feel fit right now because of it. And staring into the mirrors I could only see the rolls, the flaws and the soft body that I occupy staring back at me. It really captivated me tonight. In fact, I even walked into the wall in the change rooms as I was leaving because I was staring back at myself in the mirror....looking at my body. Bleh. Oh and caught someone else doing the same thing. Us women are all the same, eh?? It all started in the garden of Eden...I blame Adam. It's his fault!! You just had to take the apple from Eve eh? You probably knew that you would all of sudden be naked. That's what you wanted...isn't it Adam...the fall of man was because you wanted to notice Eve's naked body. You make me sick man!! And Eve...well...she started an ugly cycle which all of us now have to endure. AHHH!

And what is the deal with all the people at the gym. Just because it's January and everyone is feeling fat from Christmas doesn't mean you have the right to swarm the gym at 5:30 p.m. Like...helllo!!!! Some of us have been working out since September and over Christmas and I think that alone gives me first right to any of the machines, weights and balls in the gym. Like...I am really happy that you are working out and making some changes...but....GET THE HELL out of my way.

Maybe I'm just grumpy as Canada just lost the gold medal game to Russia. We hang our heads in defeat, we wipe the maple leaf from our faces, we write shame on our fore heads, tear our clothes and put ash on our heads. It was an embarassing defeat. And I am now resinating the demeanor of "Grumpy"....another dwarf. Yesterday was "Happy" and today is "Grumpy"...with my luck...tomorrow will be "Sneezy" but I am looking forward to "Sleepy". Snow White was a bit of whore...wow.....come to think of it...Smurfet was the biggest shameless hussy of them all. One girl and 99 boys....wow....what a slut!! No wonder my mom didn't want me to watch that show!

I hit the gym. I ate well. What more is there to say. Okay...one more thing....yes...I am grumpy. And this is a "the glass is half empty" sort of post. But tomorrow will come soon and it will be another day. "We live to play, another day".

Night!
Grumpy

No comments:

Post a Comment