Chunky Monkey

Chunky Monkey

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 92: Advil, Therapists and Muses

I have finally found the secret to life. You can fire your therapist, you can throw out your Advil and you can tell your muse to take a hike. Hello exercise...and hello endorphins. I highly recommend it!! Why do I say this...well today....after the gym, my headache was gone, I felt something (I'll explain what I found at the end of the post...keep your panties on) and I had an amazing idea. So, maybe it is worth the pain, the sweat, the humiliation, the work and the not eating cookies. Maybe....just may....be.

Game on!! Those are the words uttered to me today by someone who is supposed to be my "dearly beloved friend". She is now my new opponent. Oh don't worry, I love her to pieces, but I am going to bury her in this competition. And for the sake of concealing her identity...I will refer to her as Lil Mamma.

This morning, Lil Mamma emailed me what she ate, how much time she put in at the gym, what she ate again and to top it all off....how many sit ups she did. So, being the non-passive, grab the bull by the balls, competitive kind of person I am....I told her that the next time I see her I am going to be a hard body because there is no way in hell that I am going to let her one-up me on the "getting fit and healthy" thing. She has a great start and I am feeling some pressure to take things up another level in my own regiment. You ain't gonna come into my kitchen and kick my dawg! Ohhh noo...you're in my house now. Can you handle what the Rock's got cookin'?? I think not!
I also told her that if she loses even half of the weight that she says she is going to lose by the next time I see her...I will buy her a healthy breakfast (aka: red wine). Her reply...game on! Oh yeah...it is most definitely game on. You goin' down Lil Mamma!! Only one question...what happens when I win this dastardly quarrel? Oooh! We will see who the champion will be in February...won't we Lil Mamma! (Truth be told- I am seriously worried that she is going to open up a can of whoop ass on me. Why? Because she is determined...and there is nothing scarier than challenging someone who is determined. Oh...please help me fat god...I want to win...or at least not lose to badly.)

If you can't stand the heat....you better get out of the kitchen. (shaking in my boots now)

Funny...I feel some new motivation now. And to be honest, the asparagus, sweet potato (baked) fries and fish was absolutely amazing tonight. It is so good to be back on the plan. And there is nothing more dangerous than a chunky monkey gone rogue. Yup...deviating from the North American diet and plunging the stake into the fat monster's heart is an unbelievable feeling. The gym was great tonight. Although, when Joanne arrived I was horrified to see that she was looking so....so....so cute. I snarled at her"How dare you show up here looking so cute!" That is totally against the rules. The gym is for sweat, blood and tears. There is no cute in that!!!

Tonight, I had the courage to ask for a spot. It doesn't matter if it was Joanne...I asked...and I received. And it was good because I was able to do more weight and that was a good feeling. Although my muscles are now screaming...but it was worth it. The hot bath made up for all the pain at the gym.

Side Note: Sue from Glee is my hero...because she says everything I think and don't have the kahoney's to say. I love her. Secretly, I want to be her. Actually, you should know that I do not have kahoneys at all as I am a woman. Just a little fyi. Can you imagine what it would be like to work out with Sue?! Probably not very good...she would say the brutal truth...I would then cry...and then I would go drive a steak knife into my jugular.

Tomorrow...back to the gym for some fat monster ass kicking. I am looking forward to it as I need to be in great condition by February 20th. And you know...I felt something today that I haven't felt in a long time....I think it was happy...it lasted for about ten minutes...it came while I was in the Wal-mart parking lot so I know it was there just for no other reason...except pure contentment. I have no idea where that came from!! But it has not visited me in quite some time. It was light and fluffy. Kind of like a butterfly. It was there....and then it was gone. But I liked it. I think it was happy...it felt like happy...and when I say happy I don't mean one of the dwarves. I sure hope I can find it again tomorrow. Maybe one day soon....I will find my smile again. That's got to be worth some wine and chocolate chip cookies....! Okay...maybe just some new clothes.

Night!!
Andy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment