Chunky Monkey

Chunky Monkey

Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 105: Looking beyond Limitations

When it rains...it pours. Oh yeah, don't forget about the gale force winds, the golf-ball sized hail and of course the flash flood. More has happened this week with crazy stuff than I can even believe possible. I just tilt my head sideways and say...really??? REALLY???? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? ARE YOU NEW? OR ARE YOU JUST STUPID? Did I mention that stupidity really gets on my nerves? Oh yeah...and that's the kind of day it's been...this January 17th.

And Staples can shove their..."that was easy" button right up where the sun don't shine as nothing is easy in this life. Eating a cookie...that's easy. Drinking wine and nibbling on cheese and crackers...again...so easy. Losing weight, changing one's life, running 21km...NOT SO EASY!

Whoever said losing weight was easy??

Okay...that's enough of the glass is half empty talk! I must see beyond...what is. And I must see what can be. In every single area of my life I must look at opportunity. Weight, running, career, relationships.....I have to see what lies beyond the realities that are staring back at me. If I only look at what is....I will never see what can be....and thus never achieve anything. If my thinking and/or perception of something is limited...then I am crippling my future. If I only see myself as fat...then fat is what I will be. I am not limited to anything except my vision for myself. I must look beyond my limitations and press past them. I can and I will do it. (quivering with fear now).

After my run yesterday, I was feeling discouraged. Of course, the "runners high" followed my run but I know I can do better. I ran about 8 km in about 60 minutes. My goal is to run 10 km in 60 minutes. I can do it. Fat and rolls flopping everywhere...I can definitely do it. Next week, I will run 9 km. And I know that the ever so popular runner's physique is just beyond my grasp. In three months, I will look better, feel better and run better. And even though all I want right now is a chocolate chip cookie....okay....I want 5 chocolate chip cookies.....I know that I have to earn my way to success. Every single day, I have to do what is required in order to achieve my goals.

It shouldn't matter that running beside the friendly stomping giant was extremely distracting. It shouldn't matter that he smelt like an ENTIRE bottle of cheap after-shave. It shouldn't matter that my finger that I cut at dinner was bleeding all over the place. And it definitely shouldn't matter that I have just experienced one of the dumbest days in my career. No...I will not let that stop me. Just put one foot in front of the other and run. Whether it be angry running or light, happy like a gazelle running...I will do it. And come June, I will run a half marathon...and I will run it well. And while doing that...I will relax the front of my ankles. How the heck do you relax the front of your ankles??? A little advice from a book on running. I dare you....try it....relax the front of your ankles.....and when you figure out how to do it...please let me know.

I am in it for the long run....literally. And since I am down to a whopping 155lbs which is what a lightweight in the UFC would weigh...(my self-esteem is soaring high now...shoot me please)...I am ready to shed some pounds and attain more of a "runners" physique. My next body comp is on Thursday and I will give you all the goods...the before pictures, the measurements....and the mid-pictures. Oh gawd...I don't know if I can do this.....I'd rather play russian roulette with a double barrel shot gun. It seems easier. But I will show you where I started...and then show you where I am at. And this summer....I will show you the after pictures. Get ready...cuz it ain't gonna be pretty.

Good night bloggosphere!!
Chunky


No comments:

Post a Comment